Sunday 4 April 2010

Project: Essay

I am interested in the music industry because there are so many opportunities to make a career in it. It’s a growing industry for employment. For example, there are careers that can be made in TV. The theatre is another area in which young people can find careers in the music industry; of course, the recording industry is another area, not to mention the possibilities for online jobs providing downloads or even working in retail for HMV; there’s also work in what might be less obvious areas of the music industry, for example you can be a lighting assistant, choreographer, sound desk technician, CD and poster designer, website designer etc.

 

I have begun a new topic called ‘Project’.

For ‘Project’, I am going to be researching and gathering information based on m question: ‘What are the skills, qualifications and experience needed for a successful career in songwriting and being a videographer?’ I am interested in finding out this information as I want to find out more about these jobs in the music industry to help me plan my own career as it may benefit me. I also wanted to improve my knowledge of the different jobs available in the music industry by researching u chosen careers.

 

My objectives are:

·         To gather all my research into one place

·         You wanted to plan the next step in your education

·         You have out together a career development plan to guide you in your chosen career

As part of my research I have looked at and researched jobs within the music industry and the media industry and found a variety of jobs. Having found these I chose two as to which I was going to focus on.

An important part of working on my Project is improving my research skills. I wanted to know how to (Library, Internet, carry out a survey, interview people, speak to people who work in the music industry; I feel that these skills will enable me to find work whether I end up working in the music industry or not.

 

To help me answer this question I will produce a survey and carry out lots of research to see what others think is needed, this is so I get others opinions.

The resources I am going to be using are; books, internet and people. With people I am going to hold out a number of interviews.

Researching these jobs has also improved my researching skills and opened my eyes, to the different jobs in the industry.

1 comment:

  1. Thus, the recreation arrangements are situated. Tickets are here busy, pressing is finished, puppy has been left with the neighbours.

    ReplyDelete