Monday 4 January 2010

Evaluation of Module


The two main area covered in this module are Creative Writing and Vocal Drama. Other area include sound Effects and Music.
At the beginning of this module we began our research on radio plays, what is a radio play, when they began how do you make them, what o you need to produce one and so on. After knowing all of this information and being put into our groups, the class was told that we were going to be producing our own radio play. So in our groups we began discussing what we were going to do, we came up with a variety of ideas, then chose one, which was the '2012 Olympics'. We then discussed who was going to play which part and who was saying what and when. After writing our scenario and planning our script, we then wrote up our final after adding the sound effects.

The beginnings of the performance: scene
Blues Music: Originated from new crieans, was usually played by men and the music is usually sad.
Melodrama: Began in 1066 in 18th Century by Charies Easdown
Mortality Plays:
Classical ballet: 16th and 17th Century
Ragtime music: 1897-1910
Sattrita dance: 15th Century (indian dance). Sankardeva created the dance.
Lindy hop: Originated in the late 1920's. It evolved from Africa, and also involved in Ny.
Restoration comedy: 1660-1710
1980s Alternative comedy:
Punk rock: Originated between 1974 and 1976 in the united states.
Brit pop: Originated in the United Kingdom (1990's)

Aims of performance:
what is the theme of this piece?
A robbery, a vunerable woman gets killed and robbed in her own home.
Why did we choose the theme?
I chose this theme as part of it is different. There is a twist to it. It excited me. The fact that someone gets robbed and mudered secretly and codes are used in the process. It's different. The thing is, it happens in everyday life.
Who is it for?
I believe it is for family audiences. Everyone needs to be aware.
what do we want our piece to do?
I want this piece to shock and educate. It may firghten people, but at least it will open there eyes.
What style(s) of performance will we use? (e.g. naturalism, musical theatre)
What are the dramatic possiblitities of the piece? (e.g. for plot and charactr development, staging)

Final preparations
What is your role in the performance project?
My role in the performance project is to make sure everything is in place. I was the organizer.
List of my main responsibilities:
1)produce a script
2)have music and sound effects
3)make sure it fitted together
4)play music and effects during recording
List of the resources i will be using:
1)google, for the sound effects
2)studio and equipment to produce the performance
How will i make sure that i am working safely in the final stages?
I will not add anything to the role play or music. I will keep it as it is, as any slight changes may end up being a big mess up.

My role was to look for the sound effects and make sure that they fit together with the role play, and are played at the right time. Non of the music chosen was live, they were either pre recorded or copied from the internet. Looking for the sound effects I had a few problems, as I knew exactly what I wanted but the sounds I found didn't match what i wanted. I looked on a variety of sites. After a few tries I finally find the right site and successfully found the sounds I needed. If I could do things differently, I would take my time to listen to the sounds and then take different parts and compose it myself on logic pro.
I also play a character in the role play, which is, the owner of the house, Julie. She is a middle aged woman, with no children and a husband. She was born and raised in Croydon with her mum and 6 siblings. Julie is 5 ft 6 and brown skinned. She has medium length brown and red hair and brown eyes. she is very healthy and was educated in Brunel University.
In the role play Julie doesn't do much, she opens the door and shows the person at the door where to go, then after saying her piece, goes straight to her room. As a person she is very thoughtful and light hearted.

The recorded performance went quite well. Myself and Tanjiana went through a number of recordings as we couldn't be satisfied. The weaknesses we experienced were, that we were never in time with each other, we never had our recorded sound effects and there were times when we missed out a part of our script. After discovering our weaknesses, we made it our strengths, which then helped us complete our final recoding. If I could do anything differently, I would make sure I was properly organized and fully prepare when it came to our final piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment